Introduction to Technical Analysis (Half Day Course) (Curriculam under development)
This half a day course covers the essentials of technical analysis, whether from a purely short-term timing perspective or for longer-term analysis, and is designed to get students quickly up to speed and to a level where they can apply TA correctly and confidently in the markets they cover.
- Technical Analysis
- Why it works and its limitations
- Chart types
- Line, bar, candle and semi-log
- Using them in different markets and market conditions
- Support and resistance levels
- Identifying levels
- Assessing their strength
- Expected price movement on the break of levels
- Trend lines
- Drawing lines correctly
- Recognizing trend line breaks and false breaks
Advanced Technical Analysis (One Day Course) (Curriculam under development)
Advanced Technical Analysis is a one day course for practitioners with market experience who are familiar with the essentials of technical analysis and who would like to delve further into using TA on a regular and integral basis. The course will help delegates find their own way of putting together indicators and studies into coherent strategies – across different asset classes and for different market conditions.
- Chart patterns
- The major continuation and reversal patterns
- How to recognize them and how to project subsequent price moves
- Continuation and Reversal patterns which work again and again
- Moving averages
- The different types of moving average lines
- Which periods to use
- Moving average based trading techniques
- How to read the RSI
- Monitor the Trend direction using the MACD
- Learn to trade using the Stochastic Oscillator
- Understanding its significance and using volume data with price
- Why does it work?
- How to measure retracements
- How to project objectives
- What timeframe chart suits your need?
- How many charts do you need?
- Money management and risk
- Risk/Reward ratio
- How much to risk/trade?
- How bad can it be?
- Stop-loss placement
- Tricks to make profits
- Understanding stress, pressure, performance, the trading & investing brain and decision making
- Building winning trading and investing behaviors and overcoming ‘bad’ trading habits
- A swing trading techniques
Short Term Trading Workshop (Half Day Course) (Curriculam under development)
Short-Term Trading Workshop is a half-day course designed for all market professionals concerned with finding the precise moment to enter or exit a trading position in any asset class. By looking at a variety of trading techniques and real-time examples, the course shows how to use technical indicators to develop an effective short-term trading strategy. This course can be taken up provided you have completed the first two courses. (Introduction to Technical Analysis and Advanced Technical Analysis)
- Futures Trading
- Options Trading